MIYABI continues to strive for perfection with the introduction of MIYABI Birchwood SG2. This next generation of MIYABI knives combines the greatest hardening technology, most precious knife materials and the artistry of traditional craftsmanship.
Manufactured in Seki, Japan
Features and Benefits
The potent core of SG2 super steel is protected by a 101-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern.
The CRYODUR® blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
• Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
• Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
• Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
• Double tempering to improve toughness
• Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
• Fully rounded spine
• Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
• Mosaic pin
• Two red spacers
• End cap with logo